- The stitch count is 84 x 56. If you do this on 28ct linen or 14ct Aida it will be a 6 x 4 and this would fit great in a 7x5 frame. This design is wider than taller.
- I would choose a grey color fabric for an autumn sky and you want to make sure the clouds will show up, they are Ecru.
- Also do all of the stitching first for all of the 4 sections that you will be downloading. You will save the long stitches for the tree branches, fence, sheep, and pumpkin stems for last, This way you can tape all of your charts together and that will make it so much easier for you to do that all at once, :)
- I also suggest that maybe for the pumpkins you could do a Rhodes stitch or maybe you could still cross stitch the area but after you could make long straight stitches over them to give more dimension to your pumpkins.
- I also suggested Weeks Dye Works #2234 "Autumn Leaves" for the leaves in the tree and the pumpkins but if you have another over-dyed floss or fall color that you would like please substitute it.
- In the part of the lawn that I used DMC 830 on you will notice that I have small squares with DMC 829. I did this because you know how much I love dimension and the Rhodes stitch is one of my favorite along with french knots. So maybe you could use a Rhodes stitch or if you do not like any other stitches but cross stitch then feel free to use cross stitches in these areas.
- Here is a floss list for you: DMC: Ecru, 160, 502, 613, 742, 829, 830, 832, 834, 3371, Weeks Dye Works #2234 Autumn Leaves
- The charts will be on-line every Wednesday for 4 weeks starting today.
Thank you for joining this SAL. I hope you enjoy it and you can send me pics to stitchbythebay at g mail dot com ,
Click on the word SAL to be directed to the chart in PDF form and print from home,