Monday, September 28, 2009

Strange Finish ?


I finished the pink poinsettia this morning. I like the altered art that is done with paper so I figured I would try a little with some stitching. I just typed in my word document "Seasons Greetings". Cut the words out sprayed with coffee to color, dried with the blow dyer and glued down on top of wool with the glue gun. I also used some greens that I had from my stockings. I did mount the poinsettia on a 4X4 mounting board, pinned it all around and hot glued some green wool leaves that I cut out. Then glued that in the frame on top of the black wool. I tried for a little primitive look. Not sure what I think but its an idea that I can take and try with some other designs too.
have a good day
donna

6 comments:

  1. beautiful finishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:18 PM

    I love all of your recent finishes. They're so creative, original and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the felt leaves. It's always nice to see new and creative ways for finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is different! I love it! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new finish! It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching and new idea to do the finishing. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive