Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Mystery Stitch A Long Finished...



And this is my finish. So here is some inspiration for you. I have close ups and a few suggestions with stitches. But I hope you use your imagination and please share your finished work  with us because we  would love to see other ideas. (I did not have time to block it straight, sorry, but at least I finished it yeah!!)


Photo was found here

These are my directions for the Rambler Rose with photos. Hope this helps with the direction graph above. 
The center of the flower is a cluster of French Knots

I did use 6 strands of embroidery floss but suggest maybe a Perl cotton. The floss just started to separate as time went on and I had to take a few stitches to gather  the floss together again. But I still like the results it was just a little bit more work :)
Come up from the back of your fabric with your fiber and take a stitch to the right of your work by going to the back and coming back up. Like a sewing stitch method. (Yes you go through the back of the fabric)

Pull thread

Next come up again to the right again  using the sewing method by going in the back of the fabric and back up to the front with your needle  Remember to keep your working thread under your needle. 

My finished Rambler Rose. You could also make it larger and change the floss color  to resemble a real rose with the color shading going from dark to lighter or light to dark.  I made these all the way up the trellis on the right and left side of the door.


Right and left side suggestions: I use a Lazy Daisy stitch for some leaves and then added  Bullion Knots using  a lighter shade of green.


For the left and right bottom side of the door I added French Knots and then Lazy Daisy stitches for leaves that are coming out from the bunch of French Knots.


For the Robins I highlighted their breast with a Satin Stitch . The bottom section of the door you can see that I also used the Satin stitch to fill in the post areas.

Bottom Section


For the upper section of the door I made long straight stitches with 3 strands of matching floss.  For the center section I made small straight stitches like brick work.


The dark windows are filled in with a satin stitch running horizontally (3 strands of floss) , the other door sections are embellished with the same floss color to match the sections using 3 strands of floss and  straight stitches that intersect in the center.


Don't forget that all of this stitching was done after the basic cross stitching was finished. Be creative and embellish some of your other finished work you might have at home. Have fun and don't forget to share your photos. We are anxiously waiting :)
Hope you enjoy this summer project just for you
donna
And one more note-  I noticed on DMC's site they have list of  Summer Stitch A Longs. Check it out and they suggested that this may be a Fall or Halloween theme. What a GREAT idea. You could change the colors and make flowers on the trellis fall colors (maybe mums) and stitch up pumpkins for the bottom of the stairs.

This is Annette's work , thank you sharing  



6 comments:

  1. Donna4:13 PM

    That is so lovely, Donna! Cqn't wait to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous!!! I am going to to do my best:)
    Thank you again for such a wonderful SAL.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive