Saturday, September 17, 2011

More To Share & Peek @ "Oak Hill"

Good morning everyone, Sooo cold outside and it is beautiful. I want to thank Annie for sharing her pick of "Pumpkin Head Family" She stitched it and finished on top of an Altoids tin. So check it out if you have not seen it yet. It is so cute!!



 My Foot is in the pic, oh no I need a pedicure!!
I have a peek for you of "Oak Hill". It is not up to date yet. I have so much more complete but the idea is that I am using Wool in some of my new designs. I have planned a "Winter White"  design that will be a vase with all white and cream flowers along with shades of beige and white wool added. This will be combined with cross stitch.
And I also have my frame already purchased from Michael's. It is a shadow box frame for an 11 X 14 design, (I had a 40% off coupon) and I can interchange the pieces because I will make the "Winter White" the same size. Always trying to be frugal as much as I can. HAHA!!
For summer I have planned a "Mermaid" with a cross stitched upper body and wool body like scalesl!! Can't wait.


I have been busy painting some frames that I purchased unfinished with 1 inch square openings. So here is a peek of those and I just need to add the black paint around the edges and I will have them available on Etsy. I also ordered some more of the 2 inch opening frames from Olde Colonial Designs (just have to wait until they are back from a show).

I will send out newsletters to shops about my  3 new releases.  I will add a freebie chart to their newsletter for them to distribute in their shops for their customers. So make sure your local shop has signed up for my newsletter. 


I believe I mentioned it before but I am releasing the last of the Funky Flowers in Packs of 2 and calling them "Sisters".
I will also have 1 free bonus chart included in the last 4 of the sister packs. They are called  "Funky Flower Stitch An Inch. I will stitch the first one up for you soon and it will be included in "LAURA & JENNIFERS" pack. (It is a red with green background flower) It would make a nice scissor fob for a friend for Christmas. Or if you stitch all 4 as a grouping into a square over 1 it will fit in the 2x2 inch opening in the Olde Colonial Frames. Or if you stitch over 2 on 28ct linen or on 14ct Aida 1 one of the flowers would fit perfectly.
Well I am off to stitch and take more pictures for you. I will share another picture of "Oak Hill" tomorrow with the wool leaves all dressed up for you. Have a wonderful day and enjoy your stitching in this beautiful weather.
donna

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    I enjoyed reading your update.
    Lots of good projects on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to my blog. I really loved stitching those cute people!

    Your new ideas sound really intriguing. Especially that mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful frames...nice painting job!!!
    Ezia.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive