Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Finish To Joy




Good morning everyone.
I worked last night on a new finish to "Joy". I was tired of just another frame and since I like to work with wool I thought I would try it. I cut a whole bunch of leaves out and hand sewed them onto a background piece of felted wool that I had already sewed "Joy" onto. I layered them and then gathered some red circles and sewed those down. I also quilted around the candle. I like the look. One picture is with a flash and the other is without. Couldn't decide which one I liked.
Until later, Donna

4 comments:

  1. Love the wool finish!!! Am looking forward to these charts being released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wool leaves and the unique finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:02 PM

    A great idea! This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely *love* the felted leaves as a finish. Thank you for inspiring me to rethink the holiday ornaments I was dreading to finish in time for this year's yule tree.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive