Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Kits available


Well it was a hectic week. We had a small birthday party for our grandson Liam who turned 8. So I picked up mom and she stayed for the weekend. Then hubby's issue that always lands him in the hospital started, so I had to take him there, I was not feeling well with diverticulitis issues that I try to keep at bay and then mom was achy all over and she will be 80 in November. So no matter how much I want to get done I must learn to go with the flow :)  I did manage to get to the printer and will fold and glue pictures today for "Autumn In Vermont", also on the burner was "Give Thanks" Kit that I finished this morning. I just listed it on Etsy.
It was fun to make because I always love working with wool. Then I remembered something from long ago:  it was drawing on fabric, coloring in with crayons and then highlighting with embroidery. So I figured I would take the design I just made, draw it out and try my hand at it. It was fun and what a great idea for you to do with your kids or grandchildren. They could help with the coloring and then you could teach them to embroider or just do it yourself. I love it because it looks handmade and so old fashion.
Here is a you-tube link that I found with a little instruction about how to prepare your fabric for coloring.
She used colored pencils but the suggestion about the freezer paper is a good idea.



a closeup of my leaves
So that is my share for today, hope you have a peaceful fall day
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive