Thursday, June 09, 2011

My new idea!!

This is a 4 inch frame. Oh so cute from Michael's.

Hi everyone. Here is a peek of my new idea. If you have seen the book "Inchies" you know what I will be talking about. They are little designs that are an inch in size, mostly using mixed media and textiles. Looks like fun and quick to make. Well my idea is to make stitched pieces called "Stitch An Inch". I have designed "Stitch an Inch Summer Pack #1" and "Stitch An Inch Summer Pack #2" is in the process. Also in the works will be "Stitch an Inch Fall Pack", "Stitch an Inch Halloween", and "Stitch An Inch Christmas".
The summer ones will come with 6 designs and a bonus chart ( a mermaid on the first pack and a lobster in the second pack). I have a couple of ideas to finish these to share later with different frames and as ornaments. These are done over (1) on 28ct linen using a continental stitch with 2 strands of floss.
But if you do them on 14ct they would be 2 inch squares and if you stitch them all together the six all horizontal and the other 6 from pack #2 it would be 2 X 24 on 14 ct cloth and would look great over a door. They do fit together as one long scene.
I hope you enjoy my peek and I will share more as soon as I finish more.
Have a good night
donna

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love it! What a great idea! Love the designs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love that frame too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the other Inchies !!! Those are so cute in that frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for your Stitch An Inch packs! Such a fun idea, and the designs you have shown are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I love them! What a great way for almost instant gratification! Cute and quick- gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these Donna!!! Looking forward to their release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a super idea! And those are the perfect designs for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a lobster inchie!! Can't wait to get the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A mermaid you say? I LOVE mermaids you have grabbed my attention already!
    What a great idea. I love little things and these sound just perfect.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're perfect! Quick stitches too. I think you've come up with a winner Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A mermaid and a lobster!? In addition to the other wonderful designs?!? I can't wait to get my hands on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this idea Donna! I have been wanting another little scenic design to go with the little freebie you offered a while back as I just love it. Can't wait to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:44 PM

    LOVE them! Can't wait until they are available to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love them can't wait to see them all especially the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do I find the patterns? I have looked but don't see a link to buy.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive